• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Beware of fake Beta Invites for CoD5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diva
    • Oct 2008

Beware of fake Beta Invites for CoD5

this is what it says

This is a bit more widespread than I originally thought when I sent out the warning on twitter (@fourzerotwo and @Infinity_Ward) earlier today, but there is a FAKE email going out to people which appears to come from COD5BETA@infinityward.com (see above).

If you receive one, just delete it. Don't open it, reply, or click any links - it's fake and could contain a virus or be an attempt to phish personal information. The body of the email is an exact replica of the one I sent out during the COD4 Beta, except they've replaced all references of Call of Duty 4.

For the record, there is no beta. Believe me, if we were having a beta, I'd be screaming it from every internet rooftop from Twitter to Forums. We have yet to even officially announce our next project, let alone a beta for it. Although, it is kind of flattering to think Spammers think a beta for our next game is luring enough to get people to open. WATCH OUT Penis Enlargement spam mail, there's a new kid on the block!

source
    Get the latest news on video game awards, including nominees, winners, awards categories, how video games are selected every year, and how to watch the awards
  • greenbean
    • Apr 2008

Re: Beware of fake Beta Invites for CoD5

Thanks for the heads up.

bean

Comment

Working...